Monday, July 02, 2007

1974 Lincoln Continental Limousine: Sold!


Yes, that's right. Another fine old car destined for the heap has been saved and placed in the hands of a new owner. The 1974 Lincoln Continental Executive Limousine by Moloney Coachbuilders, Inc. that provided me countless hours of entertainment as a little boy has been sold to a Lincoln collector from New York. Unfortunately I was not able to keep her myself; with my current space situation it is all but impossible to accomodate a vehicle approaching 22 feet long. I knew the gentleman was the right person to take her when he drove out to meet me in his daily driver Turquoise Moon-Mist 1979 Town Coupe and a deal was struck that afternoon. My feelings were confirmed when he made arrangements the following Monday for a local repair facility to rebuild the transmission, redo the entire brake system, and put a brand new set of tires on it so he could drive the car home. I couldn't imagine a better person for the car to go to and hope he gets many years of enjoyment out of it as I once did. And if he ever goes to sell it in the future, I have his word that I will get the first option to buy, which, mark my words, will be done in about half a second whenever that phone call comes. Even Mister Cadillac has a soft spot for a Lincoln or two!