Wednesday, May 16, 2007

"Big Red" on My Cadillac Story

Remember my Firethorn Red 1979 Cadillac Coupe DeVille? Well thanks to my friend Silvester I have just one more reminder of why I never should have sold it. Unbeknownst to me, he sent a photo of "Big Red" along with some photos of his 1986 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham to My Cadillac Story. For those of you that don't know, My Cadillac Story is a website published by General Motors where proud Cadillac owners can post photos and share their stories of why they still believe the marque to be the Standard of the World. I had toyed with the idea of sitting down and writing a nice long story on how I came to be interested and submit photos of my '79 Coupe, '71 Coupe, '67 Eldorado, my mom's '85 Eldorado she had when I was a little kid, and all the others I had some sort of personal connection to over the years. Apparently, however, my friend Silvester has beaten me to the punch on at least one of them. So get on over to My Cadillac Story, scroll down till you see a Firethorn Red 1979 Coupe DeVille with the name Silvester Humaj, and get reading. Then read the others and submit your own if you're fortunate enough to own one of these fine machines!