Thursday, January 12, 2006

Here's to Bribery

Saying I got this legitimately would be like saying the car would pass an emissions test if it were still required to. Got a burnt out plate light? Non-functioning emergency brake? Hanging exhaust complete with a few speed holes? Not to worry; it's nothing that a little coaxing from President Andrew Jackson can't fix.


Being completely unable to deal with the fact that the old girl was now a hundred percent compliant with official regulations, I felt compelled to attach this nifty period-correct Massachusetts red plate for her to wear up front. State law requires all cars to bear a front license plate if two are issued. Sure I could just leave my other Boston Bruins plate that belongs on the front of the car, but what's the fun in that when instead I could have a perfectly good red plate that expired in December of 1978?